Is There a Hierarchy for Acquiring Preparedness Needs? http://www.scribd.com/doc/30595295/Is-There-a-Hierarchy-for-Acquiring-Preparedness-Needs
Hierarchy of Survival Needs What to Buy First (great graphic) http://secretsofurbansurvival.com/forums/content.php?127-Gold-vs-Food-A-hierarchy-of-survival-needs
** Special Note: The Precious and Semi-precious Metals and Gems discussed or visualized in the above two “Hierarchy” documents have several important “truths” that must be understood:
- It refers to having the actual metal or gem in your hand, NOT the paper certificate
- They are bulky, heavy and require extensive security
- They don’t make good mobility items
- They are only viable for some specific crisis’s and for only a small timeframe at the very beginning and very end of the duration of these crisis’s.
- Discussing this in an open environment, where anyone can overhear puts you and your household in danger in the here and now.
The graphic itself is like the Food Pyramid in that it does not mean you eat all your grains for the first meal of the day or purchase all of that type of preparedness need first and then the next brick or food group second. Rather it means that for each dollar you spend on preparedness needs these are the recommended proportions of cents to that dollar that are to be devoted to that type of need.
During any major crisis or end of the world as we know it scenario - IF:
- You can’t eat it
- You can’t drink it
- It won’t assist one in gaining food and water without actually purchasing it (like rifles for hunting)
- It is easy to scavenge and or scrounge
It is NOT a viable barter and or trade item.