- 1 gallon of water
- 1 small jar peanut butter
- 1 large can juice (90-100% juice)
- 1 can meat
- Hand-operated can opener
- Instant: tea, coffee, powdered flavored drink mix (Gatorade and the like). If you have a hand operated coffee bean grinder then get a small bag of coffee beans instead of instant.
- Permanent marking pen
- 1 gallon of water for any pet
- Pet food for any pet. Note: If your pet eats dry food, it will need more water.
- Infant Items (if needed): Diapers, baby food or formula – Think ahead if you are going to be potty training and or your infant will be weaning to toddler food - do not purchase for more than two weeks worth of these items.
- 3 Ring Binder
- Make a family Crisis Plan
- Date each perishable food item using the marking pen
- Create a large can or jar to set aside monies of items on the lists that you already have. At the end we will use that for any additional items, skills or knowledge or large cost items you may need to complete your preparedness supplies.
- Print out the forms needed for your Documentation Book/Binder and add to the binder. (For the links to each form see http://www.scribd.com/doc/31215099/Preparing-Your-Emergency-Documentation-Book-Binder & for the section dividers see http://www.scribd.com/doc/31181276/Documentation-Book-Organization-Binder-for-Home-Food-Preparedness-Information-25075850)
- Record the items you have purchased for crisis use in the Documentation Book/Binder.
- Add any appropriate monies to your money jar.
** When quantities are listed that is per person in your household.
From a 50 Something, soon to be rural homesteading, Prepper ;-}
As a note to those that have a coffee beans & hand grinders
** Don't Forget to get a non-electric camp percolator ** or something similar to brew your brew ;-}