New Mexico Urban Homesteader

Hello, I am A 50 Something, Prepper ;-}; former 60's Flower Child, don't believe in taxpayer subsidized special interest groups (political parties), DO believe in the Constitution and Bill of Rights (1st 10). Long time Independent & Informed Voter. Lover of the outdoors and firm believer that History Teaches - if only we will listen!

(No longer Urban or in NM. Now Rural in the mountains of Maine.)

This blog was started at the request of some dear friends that wish to become Preppers.

“No man who is not willing to help himself has any right to apply to his friends, or to the gods.”

Demosthenes (384–322 BC, Greek statesman and orator of ancient Athens)


Saturday, July 3, 2010

Let Us Pray this Independence Day

Most Gracious and Loving GOD,

We thank you for the beauty that is all around us. Your Holiness lays hold of our hearts and minds by what we see and we give you thanks and praise. We thank you, Lord GOD, for the joys of life and the ties of Love that exist among your church family. On this day that we call Independence Day - A day when we remember the Declaration of Independence - defend, O Lord, this graciously given land from misuse of power, distrust of neighbor and stranger, corruption in commerce and goods, and the illusions of wealth. Lord, GOD, give unto our Government a due respect for your sovereign rule over all nations. Enter their hearts that they may govern by compassion for peoples everywhere.

May we never forget that our first allegiance is to you and your Holy word. As we come before your table of grace and mercy this morning, let us rejoice as we are in a country where we are free to worship you in spirit and truth.

There is no greater feeling of liberation than to experience this freedom from sin and death that you have provided for me. Today my heart and my soul are free to praise you. For this I am very thankful.

On this Independence Day I am reminded of all those who have sacrificed for my freedom, following the example of your Son, Jesus Christ. Let me not take my freedom, both physical and spiritual, for granted. May I always remember that my freedom was purchases with a very high price. My freedom cost others their very lives.

Lord, today, bless those who have served and continue to give their lives for my freedom. With favor and bounty meet their needs and watch over their families.

Help me to live my life in a way that glorifies you, Lord. Give me the strength to be a blessing in someone else's life today, and grant me the opportunity to lead others into the freedom that can be found in knowing You.

AMEN

http://nethugs.com/independence-day/our-independence-day/

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce SPAM your comment will be posted after review.